Petra to the Pyramids
Small Group Hosted Journey with World Journeys
Departs 12 October 2023
From $18,285 per person twinshare
25 Days/ 24 Nights
From floating in the Dead Sea more than 400 metres below sea level, to walking through the Siq for your first glimpse of the soaring facade of the Treasury at Petra.
Wandering the Via Dolorosa to the Church of the Holy Sepulchre, standing in front of the mighty pyramids of Giza, sailing the Nile and seeing the glittering treasures from the tomb of Tutankhamun – this exotic journey through the Middle East will also surprise you with some quirky twists in true World Journeys style.
Petra by candlelight
In a night time visit to Petra, walk the entire Siq to the soaring facade of the Treasury, lit with over 1,500 candles. This glittering, spectacular experience is truly a magical way to see the Rose Red City.
Street art tour
Take a step on the wild side and head into the Florentin neighbourhood in the city of Tel Aviv. This lively area is the host for a fascinating tour of graffiti and street art – participate in one of the most thriving street art scenes in the world!
Stay in the iconic Old Winter Palace
Overlooking Luxor temple, this winter retreat for the Egyptian royal family is the epitome of faded, luxurious glamour. Be sure to explore the extensive gardens, sip a cocktail as you watch life alongside the Nile, or take afternoon tea in one of the majestic reception rooms.
YOUR JOURNEY AT A GLANCE:
- Float in the Dead Sea
- Visit Petra and camp overnight in Wadi Rum
- Cross overland into Israel for the wonderful highlights of Jerusalem
- Fly to Cairo
- See the Pyramids, sphinx, and visit the Cairo Museum
- Visit Abu Simbel and join a luxurious Nile Cruise
- Take in the atmosphere of the Commonwealth cemetery of El Alamein
- A World Journeys host to guide you every step of the way
- Economy Class airfares ex Auckland
- Airline, border crossing, and airport taxes
- A World Journeys host
- Accommodation in 4 and 5 star hotels, Nile cruise and one night in a tented camp
- Transfers, sightseeing, and entrance fees as per the itinerary
- Meals as indicated
- Items of a personal nature
- Travel insurance (mandatory)
- Visas (required for Jordan and Egypt)
- Optional activities