Fables of the Silk Road
Small group hosted journey with World Journeys
29 Day Tour
Departs 17 September 2024
From $16,550 per person twinshare
Explore the cultural diversity and wonderful scenery of the ‘Five Stans’ of Central Asia.
This varied landscape is home to traditional villages, ancient towns and glorious cities with time worn trading routes. Vast armies, marauding Mongolian hordes, philosophers, explorers and traders have travelled these roads in times past. Visit Uzbekistan’s architecturally stunning cities of Bukhara, Khiva and Samarkand, see the canyons and lakes of Kazakhstan, the mountains and culture of Kyrgyzstan, the natural way of life in Tajikistan and the ancient desert city of Merv in Turkmenistan.
YOUR JOURNEY AT A GLANCE
• Experience the stunning and diverse landscapes of Kazakhstan
• Visit ancient mosques and Orthodox churches in Kyrgyzstan
• Marvel at the wonderful intricate architecture of Uzbekistan
• Explore Central Asia’s largest oriental bazaar at Payshanba in Khujand, Tajikistan
• Follow in the footsteps of Tamerlane through the mighty cities of Samarkand, Bhukara and Tashkent
• Bask in the opulence of Ashgabat and the history of the Karakum Desert in Turkmenistan.
See the extraordinary Dzhety-Oguz Gorge in Kyrgyzstan
This 37 km long ridge of bright red rocks dotted with waterfalls is a spectacular sight.
Experience traditional cuisine
Enjoy tasting regional specialties made by locals in a yurt.
Chat with exceptional artisans in Fergana
See how the magnificent Khan Atlas silk is produced.
Vibrant markets and bazaars
Spend time exploring the array of fresh food and exquisite handicrafts.
The beautifully preserved medieval town of Khiva
Explore this remarkable town, its magnificent Juma mosque and caravanserai.
- Economy Class flights from New Zealand (ex Auckland or Christchurch)
- Airline and airport taxes
- A World Journeys host
- Accommodation in 4 star hotels (or best available)
- Transfers, sightseeing and entrance fees as per the itinerary
- Transport by air, road and train as per itinerary
- Meals as indicated (B-L-D)