12 Days | 10 Nights on board
From $16,010pp twinshare
Departures from Nov 2023 until Feb 2024
If there is one place on the globe that fires the imagination of travellers and arouses in them an instant thirst for adventure, it is the immaculate and faraway lands of the White Continent. Inhabited by a surprising endemic fauna, the Antarctic will welcome you during an 11-day expedition cruise.
At the border between the Atlantic and the Pacific Ocean, you will enter Drake Passage. At the roaring fifties and the screaming sixties, the wind blows and the waves beat against the stem of the ship. In the sky, cape petrels lead you toward their realm until you reach the first of the continent’s lands.
Ice is there in all its forms. The mountainous landscapes open up to give way to huge calving glaciers, tabular icebergs drift in the middle of the Southern Ocean, and the sea ice shimmers in the distance. On board, the naturalists reveal to you the secrets of this unique ecosystem. As you near the shores, the first penguins appear. Gentoo, Adélie, chinstrap, these surprising birds, emblematic of the Antarctic, share their beaches with leopard, crabeater and Weddell seals. During an outing on land or at sea, in a Zodiac dinghy or a kayak, you will move through a stunning decor bathed in polar light.
We are privileged guests in these extreme lands where we are at the mercy of weather and ice conditions. Landings on certain sites and the observation of certain wildlife cannot be guaranteed. They vary from day to day, making each PONANT cruise a unique experience. The Captain and the Expedition Leader will make every effort to ensure that your experience is as rich as possible, while complying with the safety rules and instructions imposed by the IAATO.
- An expedition cruise to discover the Antarctic Peninsula and its most beautiful secrets surrounded by stunning natural scenery.
- Outings and shore visits in zodiac inflatables with a team of experienced naturalist guides.
- Explore the magic of Antarctica with a sea kayak adventure. Led by experienced, State-Certified kayak guides, you will skim the water’s surface amid the ice. For more information about your kayak tour, please go to the section "PONANT activities" and to book your kayak tour, contact your cruise advisor.
- Hiking opportunity.
- Visiting research stations and former whaling stations if conditions allow it
- Lectures and information sessions hosted by our naturalist-guides, covering wildlife, history, geopolitics, the great explorers, climate, environmental protection and educational discovery in the respect of environment.
- Landscapes: a multitude of drifting icebergs, ice floes, imposing glaciers and tall, snow-covered mountains.
- Wildlife: humpback whales, gentoo penguins, Adélie penguins, chinstrap penguins, leopard seals, crabeater seals, Weddell seals and numerous seabirds.
- For your comfort, your cruise package includes an overnight in Buenos Aires the day before embarkation and the flights to/from Ushuaia (for details, see the “Included in your cruise” tab).