Cruise Australia's Iconic Kimberley
Darwin - Broome
11 Days/ 10 Nights
Departs 3 July 2023
From AU$11,010 per person
Set sail for the wild and grandiose landscapes of Kimberley, following this exceptional PONANT itinerary.
From Darwin to Broome, embark for an 11-day expedition cruise.
In one of the most picturesque parts of the region, the Hunter River, you will see wild mangrove forests where saltwater crocodiles live along with many species of birds.
The highpoint of this cruise will undoubtedly be the discovery of the King George River and the majestic Twin Falls, the highest falls in Western Australia.
You will also visit Collier Bay, where you will be able to admire the Montgomery Reef, home to vast expanses of lagoons and immense coral reefs.
Your ship will take you along one of the most spectacular coasts in the entire region.
With their falls, abrupt gorges, savannah, calm waters and desolate mountain chains, the wild lands of Kimberley are the promise of an exceptional adventure.
- Join Ponants highly qualified local expedition team
- Enjoy regular zodiac outings & shore visits to get close to Kimberley nature
- Discover billions of years-old landscapes & ancient rock art
- Listen to stories of the dreamtime from the oldest continuous culture on the planet
- Explore pristine mangrove environments, home to the world’s largest living reptile, the estuarine crocodile.
- Possibility to reach the Mitchell Falls by helicopter, from Hunter River
- Witness unique tidal phenomena such as the Horizontal Falls
- In Wyndham, enjoy one of the 3 complimentary excursions (subject to availability, on a first come first served basis in chronological order of booking, please contact our travel agents):
- Ord River experience: navigation on the Ord River between Kununurra and Lake Argyle. You will have the opportunity to enjoy remarkable wildlife and stunning landscapes. The tour includes a simple buffet lunch served on a riverside camp.
- Bungle Bungle scenic flight: panoramic flight onboard a Cessna airplane from Kununurra to the Bungle Bungle massif. You will, in particular, fly over Diversion Dam, Carr Boyd Range or Purnululu National Park.
- El Questro experience: guided by an El Questro ranger, the tour includes an all-encompassing journey through Emma Gorge and Zebedee Thermal Springs. Take a mid-day break for lunch and end the full day with the Chamberlain River Cruise.