Australia's Iconic Kimberley
Darwin - Broome
From $10,450 per person twinshare
11 Days/ 10 Nights
Departure dates available between 14 May 2024 - 11 September 2025
Set sail for the wild and grandiose landscapes of Kimberley, following an exceptional PONANT itinerary.
From Darwin to Broome, embark for an 11-day expedition cruise to one of the last unspoiled regions on the planet.
In one of the most picturesque parts of the region, the Hunter River, you will see wild mangrove forests where saltwater crocodiles live along with many species of birds. The highpoint of this cruise will undoubtedly be the discovery of the King George River and the majestic Twin Falls, the highest falls in Western Australia.
During your cruise, the magnificent bays of Vansittart and Swift will offer you exceptional panoramas, between islands, secret inlets, caves and rocky overhangs. At Ashmore Reef, gaze out over the shades of blue of the Timor Sea off the mainland. The corals are home to extraordinary marine life in this incredibly beautiful paradise.
You will also visit Collier Bay, where you will be able to admire the Montgomery Reef, home to vast expanses of lagoons and immense coral reefs. On the Lacepede Islands, take the time to admire the abundance of nesting birds as well as the large population of turtles residing in the lagoon.
Your ship will take you along the most spectacular coasts in the entire region. With their falls, abrupt gorges, savannah, calm waters and desolate mountain chains, the wild lands of Kimberley are the promise of an exceptional adventure.
- Join our highly qualified local expedition team.
- Enjoy regular zodiac outings & shore visits to get close to Kimberley nature.
- Discover billions of years-old landscapes & ancient rock art.
- Listen to stories of the dreamtime from the oldest continuous culture on the planet.
- Explore pristine mangrove environments, home to the world’s largest living reptile.
- Possibility to reach the Mitchell Falls by helicopter, from Hunter River.
- In Ashmore Reef, the opportunity to enjoy a zodiac cruise to view the abundant birdlife and marine life as well as swimming and snorkelling in the clear tropical waters.
- Witness unique tidal phenomena such as the Horizontal Falls.